Modes of Transportation
Less than Truckload Freight
Our LTL program leverages the high volume of freight that moves to and from our warehouses, along with the volume of each of our outside network customers to drive a cost savings to each of our customers. With an extensive base of regional, long haul, and niche carriers, ODW is able to offer you the most optimal service to meet your needs and keep your transportation costs low. Through our LTL program, you do not have to worry about differences in carrier rate bases and accessorial charges, we streamline the quoting and billing process to simplify your freight payment process.
The LTL Process:
- Mode selection: Are you choosing the most optimal mode of transportation? Are there opportunities for multi-stop truckloads? Can the parcel freight ship more cost effectively as LTL?
- Carrier selection: Are you choosing the right carrier on the basis of cost and service?
- Manage Ship Cycle: Are orders being placed in a timely fashion? Is proper ship date assigned to meet required delivery date?
- Pickup reconciliation: We ensure every pickup (inbound/outbound/third party) has been made so your shipments are not forgotten
- Daily tracking: We manually check every in-transit shipment versus where our systems indicate the shipment should be
- Online Visibility: Overview reporting, drill down and exception management
- High Priority Customer / Shipment: We have internal views and alerts to increase visibility and management attention on your high priority customer or individual shipments.
- RDD Compliance: We know when your freight has to be there and we take the extra steps to ensure compliance with your customer’s requirements
- Rating/audit: Your shipment is audited for exceptions in class, weight, accessorial charges and will be reported back to you
- Customization: Tell us what you need that would help you better manage your freight – our system was built to be modified to maximize customer experience
ODW LTS, LLC. operates in partnership with ODW Logistics, Inc. but is not a subsidiary or division thereof. Transportation management and brokerage operations handled by ODW LTS are separate transactions from ODW Logistics warehouse activity and Dist-Trans, Co.'s asset-based transportation activity.